Club Guidelines and Rules
Only children who have paid and completed all paperwork will be allowed on the mats. Please keep all younger siblings who are not wrestling with you and not running on mats.
Other children are not allowed at BHS without parental supervision. Wrestlers are to remain in the wrestling room during practice unless excused by the coaches. Wrestlers are ONLY allowed in the wrestling room or on track with a coach. Wrestlers are to walk and obey all school rules when in the high school.
Any inappropriate behavior such as running in the halls or being caught in any area besides the wrestling room without coaches’ permission will result in removal from the facility. Parents need to pick up their wrestler(s) immediately after practice. Your cooperation is appreciated and will ensure that BOW is allowed to continue to utilize Buffalo High School.
Shoes suitable for wrestling (no metal eyes)
Shorts: no exposed zippers, snaps or buttons
Wrestling singlet(s) (1 red and 1 blue or a reversible, in clean, good shape)
White Handkerchief (Blood Rag)
All wrestling gear can be purchased at the Sports Lure or other sporting goods merchants in the area as well as online. There is also some equipment available through the club, please see Barb or Nicole if you need anything.
Notes to parents:
· If you are unable to attend a tournament but would like your wrestler to attend the tournament, it is your responsibility to make arrangements for your wrestler to ride with someone else prior to the morning of the tournament. If you send your wrestler with someone else you will need to send sufficient food for breakfast and lunch or enough money with your wrestler for him/her to buy meals.
· We WILL NOT have parent meetings this year, however we will be sending out regular e-mails with information on upcoming tournaments and any information that you may need in regards to our tournament. It is important that you supply BOW with a current e-mail for both parents so that everyone is informed of upcoming tournaments and important information. Please put your e-mail on the registration form or supply to Jodi.
· If a wrestler plans to attend a tournament and has a USA card that states “PENDING” on it they must bring it and the wrestler’s birth certificate at registration of the tournament they plan to attend or the wrestler will not be allowed to participate.
· ALL wrestlers must have all paperwork signed, completed as well as fee for USA card paid before they can begin practice. Because we are a USA chartered club ALL wrestlers will need to purchase a USA card this year.
· Websites of interest for parents:
The Wyoming Amateur Wrestling Association (WAWA) is our state USA Wrestling governing body. This is the website you can find information on registration, weigh-ins for local tournaments in the state and dates and time of tournaments.
This is the website for USA wrestling across the country. This website provides a wealth of information for coaches, pairers, mat officials and wrestlers. This is also the website used to purchase your coaches, mat officials and pairing cards.
This is our website for our club. This is the one website you all will want to visit frequently for schedule of tournaments, parent meetings, practices as well as results from tournaments, contact information for board members and links to other helpful websites in regards to wrestling.
www.aauwrestling.net We will be attending some Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) tournaments where parents will need to ensure their wrestler has an AAU card for if they plan to attend. AAU wrestling cards can be purchased at this website.
The schedule will state whether it is an AAU tournament or USA tournament. These cards cost $12.00 last year. If you want to coach at an AAU tournament you will also need to obtain a AAU coaches card.
· It is highly recommended that parents bring a copy of their wrestler’s birth certificate to ALL tournaments as well as their USA and/or AAU cards.
· Most registrations will be on www.trackwrestling.com . Parents will be responsible for registering their wrestler/wrestlers for tournaments and paying the tournament fee. Jodi will track what wrestlers attend what tournaments and will reimburse parents once monthly for tournaments they attend. Parents will be reimbursed for tournament fees only if their child attends the tournament and if they have sold their raffle tickets or paid the full amount of the tickets to BOW.